Saturday, July 11, 2009

Long week

This last week has been full, but enjoyable.

The kids were at VBS at the church we've been attending, Lake Country Baptist. I was VERY nervous about how they would do as they are at an age where they are overwhelmed by large groups of kids (ok, I'm still at that age :) ) and want to be very clingy. The first day I stayed with them for about an hour, following their group (the Ducklings) around. I'm happy to say that every day afterwards they were just fine. In fact, they were super excited to go! They absolutely loved it and had a wonderful time. They came home singing lots of cute songs, talking about God and Bible stories and of all the friends they'd made. Since the church is close by, we walked there and back most days so we got lots of exercise too :)

One of the days they were there, I went for a haircut. I was just going to get a trim and my layers re-cut. Well, the hair lady did that and I left. I then went to Target and tried on some clothes. As I was doing this, I examined my hair more closely. I did not like it. Oh no, I did not. She'd cut the front part of my hair, the part that would fall on my shoulders, above my shoulders. The only "long" part was in the back. I'd been given a mullet shape, without the mullet. Short in front, long in back. Usually I have a few light layers around the face and crown, but nothing this drastic. From the front I had a bob. From the back I had long hair. So I did something I've never ever done. I went back in there and told her I wasn't happy with how it looked and could she cut all off so it would at least be even all around.

This is the result (un-styled, right from the salon. Not even blow-dried).



Its taking some getting used to. I'm not sure I like it. Its WAY shorter, obviously. I'd say she cut off about 8-10 inches. I think the cut needs more refinement, because she kinda just hacked it all off when I came back in. But I'm learning to work with it. I do have to say that showers are now much faster and my head feels lighter and I no longer get tangled up in my hair at night, which is very nice :)

My garden is doing amazing. Everything is growing well and my tomatoes are making me the happiest girl on the street. I take that back. When I can eat them I'll be the happiest girl on the street. Right now I'm the girl with the anticipation! Compared to last year I'm having a bumper crop. Bunches and bunches of fruit everywhere and more blossoms every day.

My cherry crop


My Early Girls


The cayenne pepper plant that the kids got for Daddy is doing very well too!


The kids are loving summer and spending much of their time outside on the swing set and in the sprinkler. That swing set. Best. Purchase. Ever. (for the kids).

Elsa is still not walking, but can take many steps at a time. I want her to walk so badly! She doesn't like to have skirts or dresses on when she's crawling so I have to wait for her to walk to put her in darling things. Hurry up Elly!

She IS, however, developing quite a will. This morning in bed she was pinching me and I said, "Elsa, please don't pinch Mommy" and moved her hand. She grunted, in the way she does when she's a little miffed, and yanked my hair! This got her a stern reprimand and being removed off the bed. It was hard not laugh a little though :)

This is her new trick. The little stinker. If you forget to put her straps on and turn your back for even 1/2 second, she's on that tray in no time. And she knows she's not supposed to do it too.


I'm on day... um, oh probably 16 or 17 of the 30 Day Shred and its still hard! I haven't lost any inches and maybe only a pound or two, but my body feels strong and toned. Its doing something, even if I can't see it too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who is cuter, you or
Elsa. Good looking tomatos too. I have some cherry tomatos that will be ready to eat in 1 or 2 days. But I don't think I have so many per plant like you do.
Love,
Grammy

Thirtysomething said...

I love the hair. A new style can be hard to get used to, but it really, really looks great.

Nice tomatoes!

Squaw Creek Ranch said...

You look great! I usually go in before in the last month of pregnancy and chop my hair off, then wonder why, but appreciate the shorter managable hair. I am so jealous of your tomatoes, it just isn't fair. Ours are putsing around, refusing to grow. Do you cover them?