Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm ill... AGAIN... so this blog will be short and to the point. I have tonsillitis. It hurts and makes me uber-cranky, but we're dealing :)

Our Christmas started on Saturday when Grandma Karen, Grandpa Les and Aunt Nicole came to visit. We had a great time and the kids loved their gifts. We played the Wii for hours and Grandma Karen even smacked Ethan on the head with the Wii-mote in the heat of bowling. Good times!

Sunday we got the children all dressed up and headed off to church. After socializing for a bit, we went home and hung out... prepping for the BIG day. Before bed, the kids put out cookies and milk for Santa and were quite excited that he'd come while they slept.

Monday morning came and the kids came down to find a whiteboard/chalkboard easel and some humongous cardboard blocks that came from Santa. A few hours later, the whole clan (Nana, Grandpa, Aunt Becki, Aunt Shelly, Uncle Mike and Aunt Jenni) came over and we had an orgy of gift openings. I got lots of cool stuff (cookbooks, gift cards, etc).

After they left, we got ourselves dressed and headed out to Nana and Grandpa's house for Christmas dinner. Due to the kid's colds, Poppa and Grammy couldn't join us for Christmas dinner. The first time in a VERY long time that we didn't get to see our beloved grandparents on the holiday. They were sorely missed.

Jason is home all this week. My Mom graciously took the kids today and we'll go get them tomorrow. We are looking forward to going to bed when we want and waking when we want, especially since I don't feel well at all. After dropping off the kids, we went and got one my presents... a new cell phone. Finally, my own phone, not a hand-me-down with cracks or other flaws. Yay! I got a Katana, which is an ultra-slim phone similar to the RAZR The best part is that its pink :) We went to Chang's for dinner (haven't been there in ages) and then home. Tomorrow we might hit a movie before getting the kids.

I'll put some pictures soon. Right now I want to go get into comfy clothes and veg for a bit.

No comments: