Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Even a mother can be mothered

Today I woke up feeling really bad. At first I thought it was because all three children were raring to go at 5am. But it wasn't... I had (have) a very stiff neck and shoulders, an aching head and nausea.

I managed to get Ethan to school, but was feeling sick enough that I was carrying a ziploc bag in my pocket because I felt like I was going to hurl at any moment. I called my Mom, broke down crying, and asked if I could come over because I could not bear to care for the children feeling this bad.

Bless her heart, she said to come over right away and after we picked E up from school we did just that. I came in, said hello, and went right to bed. 20 minutes later my Mom comes up with a bowl of chicken and rice soup and saltines, which, even though my stomach was churning, went down easy and more importantly, stayed down :)

I stayed in bed for 3 hours. They, Jenni and Mom, tended to the kids that time and kept me undisturbed. It was so nice. It was so so nice.

When I did roll out of bed, I felt better, though not quite healed. If this is the same bug my sister Michelle had, it'll be another day before I feel better.

There is nothing like being at your parent's house, tucked into a bed, fed and tended to, with not a care in the world because your Mom is taking care of it all.

Thanks for being there for me Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bummed, Kris. Sounds like that bug that's been circulating in the family for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I heard on the news tonight that they have closed down a grade school in Arlington with a flu bug that sounds very similar. So glad your mom was able to drop everything and let you rest for awhile.
Love, Grammy

Tim and Holly said...

Moms are the best. :)