Saturday, July 10, 2010

A few moments…

Whew, life has been flying by since my last post. I had this vision of how our summer break was going to go and its not gone anything like I imagined. It hasn’t been bad, just not what I had in mind!

Every week we’ve had a playdate of some kind. With friends or my MOPS group. We have our weekly visit at Nana’s house. Every couple weeks now there is a midwife appointment. Cub Scout meetings. Then there is grocery shopping day. The other days fill up with random things and before you know it, a quiet day at home is not the norm but a treat!

One of the places we went a few weeks ago was the Evergreen Arboretum. My Mom had read about it in the newspaper and we gave it a look. Its VERY small so don’t plan on it taking up more than 30 minutes max. Its shady and cool and pretty though, so it would be a nice spot to hang on hot summer days. There are lots of sculptures through the garden that the kids found entertaining.




There were some really odd looking plants, like this one. It was enormous. I could have sat in the cup of the leaf!


This one was also odd, but also pretty cool. I bet the fall color is amazing. The leaves were enormous… taller than Ethan!


Its in the same park as American Legion Park in Everett, so after taking a walk through the Arboretum, we went to the park and let the kids play for awhile. Then Mom and Jen came back and joined us for dinner. Nice day!

Earlier this week we went to Flowing Lake Park in Snohomish with MOPS. It was hot and I got a bad burn, but it was fun all the same. Not many pics… I ruined my last camera by having it on a beach so I’m paranoid now about bringing it out in sandy environments! I love these rash guard style swimsuits now. They are so good about protecting the kids skin from burns. Gwen was the only one without so the day after this I went and got her one.






Wanted to share this darling picture. Elsa absolutely needs Daddy time when he gets home. She really misses him during the day. He was doing some work on his computer and she came in, crawled under his desk and just laid there. I thought she was asleep at first, but nope. She was happy just chilling near her Dad.


I’m 31 weeks now and time is ticking down… I alternate between moments of panic at the thought of having another baby and then feeling just fine with the idea. In a way, I feel like we’ve really hit a groove with the kids… E & G don’t need as much supervision and little E is gaining independence. Now we’re gonna mix it up again and start from scratch. Its overwhelming to think about. The homeschooling thing is gonna be tough too. How am I going to do it with a 2.5 year old and newborn? It’ll all work out, and that’s why I’m trying not to focus so much on the “GAH!” aspect and trust that things will fall into their own routine, like they’ve always done.

No comments: