Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Grandpa had results from his in depth scan yesterday and they are not good. Not good would be an understatement. They are terrible and horrible and awful. I'm in shock right now and don't really feel anything but disbelief that this is happening to my Grandpa.

Yesterday when I was putting Ethan down for nap, he was using the toilet and saw a potpourri container that looks like a lattice top pie. He got all excited about it and said, "pie! pie!". He was heartbroken when he discovered it was not real.

Thus inspired, I decided to make a pie while he was sleeping. Jenni recommended using the berries in the freezer that had been picked right off their own bushes in the summer. We used a mix of blackberry, blueberry and just a few raspberries to give us enough. It was delish. Like maybe the best pie I've ever made. The top was sugary and crispy, the filling was a perfect mix of sweet and tart. Total yum. I could have eaten the whole thing myself!

Ok, all for now. Just wanted to brag about my pie.

No comments: