Friday, May 12, 2006

Well, well, well.

Wednesday night I felt really dreadful and got no sleep. Thursday morning my throat was so sore and my entire body ached. I was having chills and the shakes. I could not function.

I called Mom at 8:30, crying, and asked her if we could come over early. When I arrived, I had a fever and was in very rough shape. 3 Advil and 2 Benadryl later, I was still sleepless and not much better at all. I then took some Nyquil. Still, no sleep and no relief. When I went to bed that night I took 3 Tylenol and 2 Benadryl... no go. At 11pm I wandered back down to the living room and told Mom that I didn't feel well at all. She felt my head and I was just raging with a high 103 fever. My throat was swollen too.

She put me back in bed with a wet washcloth on my head and finally I was able to fall asleep.

This morning I woke up with my tongue and throat feeling "coated" and extremely sore. Made an appt with the doc and it turns out I have one of the worst cases of strep throat she's seen in a long time. GREAAT! The nurse and doctor were quite appalled, and said that they were surprised I was able to drink anything and that if I had been showing signs of dehydration they may have admitted me to the hospital. Luckily, I'd been forcing myself to drink even though it felt like knives cutting me up so that wasn't necessary. My strep test actually came back negative, but she said that it could be a resistant strain or maybe because its only my second day there isn't enough bacteria there. Well, she had to take another swab for a more indepth culture and my lord it hurt so bad. I actually started bawling and grabbed her wrist. The doctor felt so bad and got me some tissues. She was very sympathetic.

So I have my antibiotics and am taking heavy-duty painkillers, which seem to be working much better for my body aches.

Our plans of putting the house on the market tonight probably will not go forward. The trim/bathroom floor people did not finish and they don't work weekends *roll eyes*. They'll be back first thing Monday morning to finish up. That will also give us some more time since I wasn't able to do the house stuff I wanted due to illness.

While I was at the house today talking with Jason, the For Sale sign was put up. Weird. We also got a big batch of flyers and a keybox on the door. Its very real now.

No comments: