Wednesday, February 14, 2007

We had a scary event happen on our way home. I'll post more later about where we were, but for now, I'll just tell you about our little accident.

A big old truck turned in front of me and lost a rock. It smashed into my windshield and coated me in glass shards. It actually punctured the windshield and had I been driving faster I think it might have come through. Based on the noise, it had to have been a very large rock. It sounded like I had hit a car.

Scared me to death. I had minor scratches on my neck from the glass grazing me. Freaky. If it had come through I'm sure it would have broken something.

From the outside it doesn't look like much...


but the inside shows the real damage. This picture doesn't show how much the glass is indented in and that it was actually punctured. There was air and rain coming through it.


Ethan, bless his heart, insisted that I hold his hand for the rest of the way home so I wouldn't be scared any more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lord, for watching over our granddaughter and great-grandchildren! And thank you, Ethan, for comforting Mommy....
Love,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Wow - Glad you're okay!