Friday, February 02, 2007

We are all recovering from our loss of Tilli.

The kids have taken it better than I would have thought, though they still ask from time to time where Tilli is and I have to explain all over again. Ethan gets sad every time I tell him.

Last night I spoke with the lady who adopted Tilli and she let us know that everything was going very well. Tilli is getting along great with their other dog (a Dobie/Lab mix) and she slept on the couch with the lady the first night. This warmed my heart significantly. I was so afraid that they would lock her up somewhere and she'd spend her first night howling and scared.

So. Life goes on.

Today the kids and I took a walk and did something we've never really been able to do. We took a dog with us. Toby loved the walk and had a great time. The kids got a kick out of it too. Toby remembers most of his manners and is so mild anyway. I suppose one good thing to come out of all this is that we'll get to bring Toby with us to more places and and on walks and stuff.

No comments: