Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Today my heart feels shattered.

Tilli has been adopted and I took her to the new owners today. They live in Port Angeles and I met them in Port Townsend. They cannot have children and have been looking for the perfect Weim for awhile. The husband grew up with and bred Weims, so he knows the breed well. The wife stays at home and treats her pets like children. She'll be on a farm with another dog and a horse and have lots of room to play and they hope to train her to hunt.

I'm going through cycles of being ok with it and sobbing. It was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Can't talk anymore about it tonight. I'm so weary physically from being on the road for 6+ hours and emotionally sapped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristi....I know I haven't been a huge fan of Tilli, but I know how much you love her, and that is what makes me sad. I didn't realize the adoption thing was still on the table or I would have given her a bit more lovin the other night. Love ya sis {hug}.

Becki