Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yesterday I took Gwen to the pediatrician because she had been saying owie and pointing to her "na-ni-na". I figured it was nothing really, but then she started having trouble making it to the potty chair... very unlike her.

They tested her for a UTI and it came up negative. No yeast infection either. So the doctor said we should just keep an eye on her.

I've also realized what a long way Lake Stevens is from Kirkland. I'm glad we don't have to see the pediatrician more than once or twice a year. Yikes. I can't believe Jason commutes so much longer than that, and without carpool options either!

Oh! I almost forgot to mention. I saw a barely famous person yesterday at the doctors. Itula Mili was there with his wife and daughter. I heard the name and I was like, "hmmm, I think he's a Seahawk" but I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong. Later, I asked Jason and he confirmed that he had been a Seahawk but was cut from the team on Friday. Ouch. Good thing I didn't bring it up! His tiny daughter (couldn't have been more than a month or two) was adorable and was giving Gwen the biggest, full bodied smiles.

After I got home, (btw, thanks Mom and Jenni for babysitting all day!) I started our dinner, which was ham cooked in cherry Coke. Then I was off again to therapy.

Upon arriving home, I was totally wiped. Quite a bit of running around. Luckily, dinner was easy to finish up because I just took the ham out of the Coke, brushed on a glaze made of cherry jam, paprika and red wine vinegar and put it in the oven until we were ready to eat. Plain boiled potatoes and garlicky spinach finished the meal. The ham was fantastic and really couldn't have been easier.

Due to the snowfall today (it was significant, but not like the last time) Jason stayed home. We all find work at home days difficult. The kids see him and want to interact. I kinda feel like he should be out here with us more and he feels as if he should be left alone more :) Lots of competing wants there! Therefore, the day has been somewhat rough. I did manage to sweep and mop the floors, which is nice.

I put the kids down early and will be heading up for a shower. For me, there is nothing as relaxing as a shower, followed by time to blow dry my hair, apply lotion and read or play the Wii. Usually I can get in the shower part, but am not able to do everything else, so its a real treat when I can!

No comments: