Tuesday, May 15, 2007

There are three recipes I want to share with ya'll.

For dinner yesterday we had Thai Chicken and Shrimp Noodle Salad. It was light, fresh, and so darn healthy you could eat the whole recipe yourself ;)

Tonight we had another great, simple dish. Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Capers. It took like 10 minutes to make. The only changes I made was to add more lemon juice (I like a tart vinaigrette) and Dijon mustard. Oh, and I grilled the chicken breasts to keep the kitchen cool. We had it over rice with roasted beets on the side. Num!

I'd wanted a dessert, but not something dreadfully bad for us and not anything chocolate-y. So I made these Oatmeal Raspberry bars. We had 3 mostly empty jars of jam, so instead of straight raspberry we had cherry, grape and raspberry. I also grated some lemon zest into the mix since I had the lemons out for dinner. Quite a fine dessert for exceedingly little effort.

I feel like I've been told a lie. People tell you about the toddler years and they give it cutesy names like "Terrible Twos" and things like that. But lets just say what it is folks.

Basically, your children become teenagers for a year or two, then God, knowing that parents could not handle this for 18 years, allows a rest period and hides it (mostly) for a bit. Eventually it re-appears just about the time that children are ready to start being independent and move out of the parents home. Basically, dear readers, I am living with two teenagers. All the sass, all the attitude, all the independence and absolutely no reward for me! I can't tell them to clean their rooms or chop and haul wood (that was a good Mom, we hated that chore). Ah well, the Lord will have mercy on Jason and I soon enough and we will have some years of peace before our punishment for being dreadful teenagers ourselves starts up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not that bad! Just wait until they hit 3. LOL

Kim (Mrs. Hoppes)