Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Below I've included a slideshow of pictures from our gathering to spread ashes at Lake Chelan. If you click on the slideshow you will be taken to the album and can look more closely at the picture.

This event was far more emotional than I thought it would be. It was painful for me to see Grandpa scattered into the creek, though I know he would be happy that it was done. I saved a small portion of his ashes and will treasure them. It was just another reminder that he is not vacation. He is not coming back. You'd think that I'd have that part down, but its amazing how you can just avoid thinking about the reality of it.

I enjoyed spending time with my cousins and family, especially the camping we did on Saturday night (we spread ashes on Sunday and drove home same day). It really wet my appetite for camping!

No comments: