Sunday, July 01, 2007

I know I haven't been blogging much... I apologize. There are times when I feel I could blog 100 times in one day, and other times where I just can't be bothered.

We've been busy busy this week. Friday we visited Grammy, ate yummy snacks and lunch, played at the park and worked on some computer stuff. Had a blast! Here are some pics from that day.

Along with our social activities I turned out three sewing projects that I'm fairly proud of. A skirt, a dress for Gwen and some bloomers. Yep, bloomers :)

Today we went to church, then to a baptisim at one of the church goers pool, followed by a BBQ. We had a scare pretty much as soon as we arrived at the house for the festivities. I coated the kids with sunblock. It wasn't our regular kind because I couldn't find it, so I used some really old stuff that I found tucked in the back of a drawer.

I put it on their faces and immediately Ethan started to rub his eyes. Now this isn't so unusual. Poor boy has been having allergies for awhile now. But he kept rubbing and started crying about how badly his eyes hurt and then, oh, it was so scary, his eyes swelled up enormously (the eyeballs looked they would pop) and almost closed. He got hives all over his cheeks and forehead. Luckily, he didn't seem to have a problem breathing, but as it got worse and worse we decided to take him to the ER. We left Gwen with the Pastor's wife and took off... right before we had left I'd had a wash cloth and basically drenched his face with it. This seemed to help a lot and by the time we got to the parking lot of the hospital his face was a bit better. He still had his appetite too. He was eating chips on the way there :)

We decided to go to RiteAid and get him some children's Benadryl and wait and see. We saw a significant improvement right away and he started asking if we could back to the party now and see Gwennie. So we did. He was still enormously swollen under the eyes, but was able to play and eat and was just fine the rest of the day.

That, other than when he had pneumonia, was the scariest thing I've ever seen happen to him. He looked horrible.

Here's a pic of when we finally left the BBQ, at about 4pm. As you can see he's pretty swollen but this is NOTHING compared to how he looked just a few hours earlier.

The kids are currently asleep on the couch and we'll have to get them up soon so they'll go to bed at their regular time. What an exhausting day!

This upcoming week is jam-packed too. Monday has a couple possible plans, still waiting to see what firms up. Tuesday its out to my Mom's for a 3rd of July celebration. We're spending the night there, so most of the 4th will probably be hanging out with the fam too. Then Thursday either Grammy or my Mom will be babysitting while I shop and prepare for... our departure to Spokane on Friday! Oh, how I dread the drive to come. All 250 cruel miles of it. There are good things at the end of the drive at least! Here on out we are very busy through the summer, which is both good and bad :)


April said...

Poor Ethan. I hope he feels better soon!

Becki said...

Wow, you weren't kidding about the eyes! Is he doing better? Throw out that sunblock ASAP! I've been wondering if you guys have considered getting him on some allergy meds...I know he's been having problems with persistent allergies, just a thought. Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me.

QueenMother said...

Aww..poor baby! I hope he feels better! QM