Monday, July 30, 2007

Two pregnancy tests today confirmed that I am longer pregnant. Since yesterday I hadn't been feeling pregnant (hard to explain what that feeling is, but I had it) and so I was kinda prepared.

We're disappointed... its strange how we were not all that happy to find out we were pregnant, yet are quite sad that we aren't any longer. I guess we came around to the idea pretty quick. I feel rather betrayed by my own body and embarrassed that I announced being pregnant and started miscarrying immediately. Not like we could have known that, but still. We'll likely try again in Dec/Jan, like we had originally discussed.

If there is a bright spot in all this, its that I'm now motivated to get into the shape I want to be before I get pregnant again. That means working out every day and eating better.

What a stressful, bumpy week this has been. Thank you for all your kind thoughts, prayers and emails. They've been a great comfort to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went in yesterday to get the 2 positive home tests confirmed and the blood test came back negative. Right about that time I also started losing all the pg symptoms - really sore breasts, food aversions, headaches, etc. etc. The doctor thinks it was a "chemical pregnancy". An egg was fertilized but never fully implanted. Within the last couple hours I started my (now very late) period so it's pretty much confirmed. So I know exactly how you feel. *big hugs*
~Holly