Saturday, August 11, 2007

I made a test run of this dress last night (Butterick B4790) in muslin to see if it would be workable. Despite the concept being really fun and the styling unique, it would not work on my figure. I'm too wide in some places and too narrow in others and, very much like the photo shows, a Barbie like figure looks best in this dress. I, dear readers, am NO Barbie. Maybe when I reach my ideal weight I'll try again. For now, not gonna happen. Good thing I did a muslin run first :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog when I was Googling this dress. I just finished mine and I assure you I'm no Barbie, either. ;)

I found a lot of tips and tricks online that helped me out. It sounds like this dress needs adjustments for pretty much everybody. There are so many variations & people get pretty creative! There are some great ideas over at Pattern Review:

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=12206

And A Dress A Day:

http://www.dressaday.com/2006/05/its-baaaaaaaack.html

I haven't posted a picture of my finished dress on my own blog yet, but I posted notes of my work in progress. It took me two muslins and I was still tweaking the real dress until a few mintues ago.