Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today Elsa had her 2 month checkup and it went great!

She weighs 11lbs, 1/2 ounce (75th percentile) and is 22 1/2 inches long (50th percent). Compare that to her older sister who, at her 2 month appointment, was the same length, but 2 pounds lighter!

Elly got her first shots and boy, that is hard to do. Again, I feel blessed to have a pediatrician office that gives me NO grief about declining or delaying vaccinations. Many people do not have it that easy!

Yesterday, I took the kids to meet some friends from Gwen's gymnastics class. Kate and Blake made up the "threesome" that always played together. When Gwen saw Kate, she gave her the most exuberant and long hug I've ever seen her give. She missed her friend! We were at a neat park (Willis Tucker) that had fun toys and a super-awesome spray pad. Of course, it was really too cold to do that and I hadn't brought swimsuits. That didn't stop Ethan, who, when playing with some other boys, activated the pad and all of them started playing in the water. I took off his shirt in a vain attempt to keep him dry, but he was soon drenched from head to toe and I just let him go. He played in that water the entire time (and it was only, at the very warmest moment, 65 degrees. Maybe) and loved it. Luckily, Blake's mom had a towel for him to borrow and sit on for the ride home.

Well, El is fussing up a storm. She doesn't feel good :( Better go and see what I can do to calm her down.

No comments: