Friday, December 05, 2008

Seeing Santa, and other happenings

Ok, I'm really sick and tired of being sick and tired! I've been in this constant state of allllmost sick, but not quite, but some days I feel sicker and then other days I feel just peachy and can my body just make up its darn mind already? Ugh!

Anyhoo, not much has been going on 'round these parts. Just same old same old. When I was grocery shopping I saw some brussels sprouts, still on the stalk, for a very good price. So I bought two and brought them home and realized, "Shoot, that is a lot of brussels sprouts". This is what they looked like, with Ethan's hand for perspective. The kids and I plucked them off the stalk, but then no one would eat them, so I freecycled them to a very nice lady (hi Teresa, if you're reading!). I hope she enjoys them. I love brussels sprouts, but apparently no one else in my family does!


Gwen did something really cool. She is no longer using a binky! That's right, binkies are no longer present in this house, well except tiny baby binkies. Like we did for Ethan, Gwen got to pick out a reasonably priced prize for such an accomplishment. She picked out a scooter (no surprise). She loves it so much. When we were walking through Target with it in the cart, she kept telling people, "Hi, I gave up my binky and my Mommy is getting me this scooter for my prize!" and "Do you have a scooter? I have one now because I gave up my binky!". Happy girl.


Today we met with April and her friend Tamara and all our kiddies to see Santa. I've never done that with the kids before. They were nervous/excited. Even though we were there right when the Santa display opened, we still had to wait over an hour in line. We were also the unique freaks who didn't pay for a Santa picture. I'm sorry, I'm not paying $15.99 for a 5x7 that will be displayed for a few weeks a year. Nope, I just can't do it. The lady was all, "....Uh, you don't want a picture? Um, ok. I guess you can just talk to him then". When we got up there, the workers were befuddled at my lack of desire for a picture, and then told Santa, "I guess they just want to talk to you" with a shrugging, confused manner.

Yes people, we only wish to talk to Santa! We know its bizarre, but isn't that the whole point?

Anyway, I digress. I got a few snapshots. It was pretty cute, Gwen had her wand from being star of the week and she ran right up to Santa and gave him a huge hug. The line went, "Awww!". Ethan was nervous, real nervous, but the guy was great (so great that they fly him up from Colorado for the season!) and got Ethan to come over and talk too.






Speaking of Ethan, we are having some issues as of late and its making me so frustrated. He's been super destructive of our Christmas ornaments and Gwen's school crafts. He's been back talking and acting a lot like a baby, complete with sucking on his finger all the time and toting around a new huge blankie (like seriously, its twin size or larger). I'm not sure what the deal is. He doesn't seem to respect or understand the value of some things and I feel like all I do is yell and punish him, and I'm so upset about the stuff he's been destroying that I'm getting overly frustrated and blow up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your pain, trust me I do. I don't have alot of advice, but know you aren't alone!

Tina Michelle said...

I hope you feel better soon. good job to Gwen for giving up the binkie. We need to get my 2-1/2yo to give hers up!