Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hot

Today I took Gwendolyn to her 1 month appointment. I barely made the appointment (I was 20 minutes late) because KUBE 93 was having a .93 cent gas thing at the station by the freeway and it was complete mayhem. Everett police were actually out there directing traffic and such. Irritating.

Gwen now weighs 8lbs exactly (15%), is 21 inches long (50%) and her head is 35cm (25%). She's on the small side, but she started out that way, so its not really a surprise. She didn't get any shots this time, so it was a very easy appointment.

After that, we went to Target and I bought a new purse/diaper bag as my beloved messenger bag has started falling apart. This one is more like a regular handbag and its pink. Very cute. I also bought some clothes that I can wear NOW (until I shrink to my pre-preg size), but alas, the bigger size is too small. Me not happy about that. Not happy at all.

Safeway was next and Gwen really attracted a crowd. One little old lady stopped to talk about her and before I knew what was happening there were all these ladies surrounding me telling me about their kids and giving advice and wanting to know how old she was, details of her birth, etc. It was pretty nice. I forgot how babies give people an opening to just talk your ear off about everything!

Unfortunatly, I had already defrosted some pork chops and so I had to cook them today, even though I would have preferred not to since it was so friggin HOT. Nothing like eating stuffed pork chops, gravy, mashed taters and peas on a day that makes you just want to melt into the ground.

Mom, Shelly and Jenni watched Ethan while I was out and about today and they all did nice things for us... Mom and Jenni cleaned the house and put away laundry and Shelly mowed our jungle of a backyard. Seriously ya'll, that backyard is scary for so many reason. Strange bugs, strange weeds. Icky. However, it was soooo nice to come home to a clean house for once and to see the backyard mowed. Good for the soul.

Well, its 9:00 and I'm tuckered out. I'm looking forward to retreating to the bedroom since its the coolest room in the house.

Night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yesterday was a hellish bit of heat, yes?


Your blog is fun. It's not all stream-of-consciousness like most (like mine), but you actually tell about your day in a linear sequence. Most awesome. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love blogs, I think. You speak through them like a diary...the real stuff. Not the prettied up piece that goes out to the world in an email. Thank you for this window into your life.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have your family there to help you out so much. You were really blessed with a wonderful family