Tuesday, May 31, 2005

She smiled! My Mom even saw it! We still can't get her to do it on command, but she's definitely doing it. I looked up when Ethan smiled and it looks like he was nearly 3 months? I can't believe it was that late.

You should all be proud of me... I was very resourceful and reused the leftover cassoulet. I took out the chicken and set it aside for sandwiches. Then I took out the kielbasa and pork, and pureed half the beans with some water. I added back in the un-pureed beans, added the kielbasa and pork back, after chopping it up a bit. Voila! Bean soup. Had it with toasted french bread. Num. Ethan loved it too.

Today was our walking day, but it was pouring down rain. I went over to Mom's anyway in hopes that it would clear up by the time I got there. They are doing construction on a bridge on the one direct route to my Mom's house and so the bridge was closed, requiring me to detour an absurd 10 miles out of my way, to end up just on the other side of the bridge. So aggravating. Anyway, we got there and it had cleared up so we walked on the driveway, which is 1/2 mile and has two enormous hills. We really got a workout! Its gravel too, so Ethan and Gwen were bumped all over the place. They didn't seem to mind though :)

Ethan was such a ham today. He was all toothy grins and giggles. After dinner (when he was coated with bean puree), he was running around the house naked, laughing hysterically while we tried to chase him into the bathroom. He's also been very affectionate and slobbers me constantly with kisses, even grabbing my face and holding me still while he gives me them. Too cute for words.

No comments: