Monday, May 30, 2005

I forgot to post yesterday that Gwen smiled at us! But I do not think it was intentional because she has not repeated it :)

We spend a lot on food each month. Based on our budget, we spend roughly double what my Mom spends... and we have half the people! Part of this is because I don't plan ahead for meals, so we make a lot of trips to the store and also because I have a fondness for expensive ingredients. I decided that for June I was going to try and make a meal plan each week to better control our spending. It was really hard actually. Hopefully I'll be able to make it work.

Yesterday when we were at Lowes, we were looking at some clearance appliances (sadly all the good deals were taken) and Ethan was really freaking out. He was doing his whine thing and thrashing and being generally disruptive. We didn't figure it out until we were leaving the aisle that the vacuums were right there. Some of you are aware that Ethan has a love/hate relationship with vacuums and lately it’s been hate. All that fussing was because he was freaked out by vacuums! Well, today we were at Fred Meyer and we stopped briefly so I could take Gwen out of her seat. Ethan immediately freaks out and sure enough, vacuums at 9 o'clock. SO funny... A lady that was nearby got a real kick out it.

As I emailed, the new pics are up on the site. Good stuff.

Below is a picture of the project I mentioned yesterday. Its Ethan’s handprint and footprint taken at 1 year and his 1 year pic. I just love it.

Tonight we had cassoulet. It’s a bean, chicken, pork and kielbasa dish. It took forever to prepare. However it was very very good. It made an enormous pot, so we'll be eating it for a few days :)




Ethans 1 year hand/foot prints and picture Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - you're a great cook, don't diss the awesome ingredients. :)

Brett.

Anonymous said...

Kris,

I think it's hilarious about E and the vaccume (I don't think I spelled that right, lol). I can totally see him freaking out about it. Hey, I understand about the food budget. I haven't figured it out, but I know I spend WAY more than one person ought. I place the blame on you for spoiling me and for getting me hooked on Food TV!

Becki said...

That last message was from me, Becki :-)

Anonymous said...

Jason told me the story about Ethan and the vacuums. It was just to funny :) You have to wonder just what are they thinking. Tyler had a problem with them as well, but I think he had/has a problem with anything that makes much noise.

I love your project Ethan’s handprint and footprint something like that would make a really wonderful present for... well, say a grandma's birthday :)