Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm sad that my blogging has become so intermittent. I like doing it, but find myself far too tired at the end of the day lately.

Things are settling in... Kids are sleeping well. Toby went to go live with my parents for a bit until we can figure out the invisible fence thing (more difficult than first imagined). The house is a mess and nothing is babyproofed, so my day consists of chasing kids around saying "No" and getting very frustrated :)

Monday our dryer got fixed. Funny story. Jason got up early for work and asked me to get up to help him walk the dogs (we had both at this point). I did, then went back to bed, thinking that surely the kids would not let me sleep long. Well, cut to me waking up to a doorbell. I freak out, throw on a robe and dash down to find the Sears repair man at my door. At 8:04! Wow, talk about punctual. Usually when they give a timeframe, they are never there right at the beginning. Anyway, the dogs are still kenneled up in front of the door, I'm tousled and in a robe and don't even say "Hi". I stutter out, "Oh gosh, I can't believe I overslept". The guy says, "well, can I come in?". Heh. He has to squeeze past the dogs, pick his way through the toys, then makes it into the laundry room, only to find out that my lovely husband burnt out the light that morning and did not fix it. So this poor chap has to fix the thing in semi-darkness. You can imagine my humiliation.

Well, it took him 10 min to find that a wire had worked loose during transport and its now working fine. Yay.

Later in the day, Becki and Mom came over. Becki suffered a dangerous and painful fall on Mt. Rainier on Saturday. She literally started falling down the side of a mountain and caught herself on a tree not too far before the cliff edge. She was covered in scrapes, deep bruises and sprained a wrist, but it could have been much much worse.

Tomorrow Mom is coming over to babysit and I'm going to get my hair trimmed and then some curl put in. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do, but it won't be anything super curly. I'd like body over curls.... Just something to make my stick straight hair look more exciting. Can't wait.

Please pray for me. I am so weary. Despite sleeping very well at night, I just can't shake this exhaustion. There is so much to do, but it isn't getting done. Even sitting on the couch during the day I tend to drift off to sleep. The desire to be productive is there, but can't seem to force its way up through this tiredness.

Oh, Ethan started potty training. While at my Mom's, he was going to the bathroom quite regularly on the toilet. Yesterday, I decided that he'd only wear a diaper at naps and bedtime, and so far we've had good results. A few accidents, but nothing too serious. Today, its been even better, with only one tiny puddle so far (of course it WOULD have to be on my dining room chair though. Thank goodness for slipcovers). He's so proud of himself! I'm proud too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya-a-a-a for Ethan! And at a time when a lot of children revert to not using the potty because of new surroundings. Lucky you, Kris...
Love,
Grammy