Thursday, July 27, 2006

This was both a good and a very bad day.

Good because we ended up on a 2 1/2 mile grueling hike that was originally supposed to be a 1/2 mile stroll. In flip-flops, with diaper bags and purses and two kids to boot. We went to Meadowdale Beach park and Mom misunderstood how long the walk was to the beach. We thought it was 1/4 mile, but nope, it was 1 1/4 mile, all downhill. Well, you know what that means... its all uphill on the way back! Jenni toted Gwennie in her sling, Ethan was a real trooper and walked most the way and my Mom and I hauled the accoutrements. Were we ever pooped! But the kids loved the beach and had a good time. They even have little farmer tans now.

Its been very bad because we've decided to give Tilli to a Weimeraner rescue group. We just can't handle her anymore. I had to leave her at home today. Jason came home and found that she'd locked herself into the upstairs bathroom and proceeded to tear it up. Literally. Mouldings off the wall, deep scratches in the sheetrock, chewed up windowsill. It was just the straw that broke the back, you know?

I can't even talk about it anymore. I've been crying my eyes out since I told my Mom and I need to just not think about it anymore tonight. Its just real sad for me.

1 comment:

Kate Thaete said...

awww, sweetheart - i'm so sorry!! :(