Thursday, December 13, 2007

So today I had a midwifery appointment. It was the best one I've had to date. I saw a very nice lady and she spent quite a long time discussing my wants for this pregnancy and birth, recommended some books for me AND Jason and told me how to get a tour of the Pavilion.

For the first time this pregnancy, they were able to pick up the heartbeat on the doppler, so that was nice. We also heard a few kicks, though I can't feel them yet due to the placenta being in front like it is.

The one downer was that my blood pressure was high... 130/110. Usually I'm around 90/70. I wasn't feeling overly stressed and had been sitting quietly in the waiting room for 30 minutes prior. I just hope it was a fluke and not a sign that I might be having blood pressure issues again this early :(

My mid-pregnancy ultrasound was scheduled... for the 28th! I didn't expect to get in so early. Now to decide if we want to know the sex. I'm leaning towards no, but Jason wants to know. It would certainly help us narrow down names. We're having a tough go this time.

We leave early tomorrow for Spokane so I will have a batch of pictures and stories when we return.

No comments: