Saturday, December 01, 2007

I haven't blogged in awhile because, quite honestly, I've been a mess. I haven't been this stressed and overwrought for a long time. What's vexing about it is that there isn't really anything that I should be all worked up about.

There was the overseeing the MOPPETS thing on Friday, which was stressful, but not as much as I expected. I'm ashamed to admit it but on Thursday, after I had met with the lady who briefed me on what I'd need to do and all, I came home and just cried and cried. Then I prayed and prayed it would snow and MOPS would be canceled. It was such an over-reaction, considering how less difficult the whole thing ended up being.

Today I just about totally lost it after the kids were harassing me during breakfast. I mean, there was screaming and shaking (clarification: I wasn't shaking them, I was the one who had the shakes) and even after going out to get our pictures which normally would have distracted me and lifted my spirits, I was so touchy. Its like I'm just wound tight as I can go right now.

On to a more pleasant topic, its SNOWING! That means that tonight I'll definitely have some kids and snow pics. We have about 1 1/2 inches now, and its still coming down, lightly.

As I previously mentioned, we did get our pictures done. I looked drugged out (just like I did last time, darnit!) but after the morning I was having, I was just lucky that my eye wasn't twitching and I wasn't running around in circles chanting my name or something.

Ugh, I look hunched too. Thank goodness we only have to endure this once a year. The kids were great though. The lady said they were the best kids she's photographed in a long time. It seriously took her 5 minutes to do both of them. They smiled on command and did everything she asked! Another aside... I don't think I'd pick the gray background again. It kinda washed out the kids and really brought out Ethan's allergy eyes. Oh well. Its done, and I'm not gonna fret about it now!

(this is the uncropped pic... the edge of the curtain isn't visible in the real photos)














































































3 comments:

April said...

Those are GREAT pictures, Kristi. The kids are so cute. I hope you feel better. I remember being about as far along as you when I was pregnant with Grady and having a rough time with everything. It all seemed so overwhelming. It did get better! Hang in there, remember you can call me anytime you need anything, I am not that far away!

Becki said...

Kristi, those pictures look great and you look amazingly fabulous! Its that nice pregnancy glow :-) I wouldn't have been able to tell that you were slouching if you hadn't mentioned it. Love you!!! *big hug*

Anonymous said...

Personally, I really like the gray background. It brings out the faces so much better. Don't be so rough on yourself. Becki's right - you do have that glow. And those kids sure know how to pose for pictures, don't they?
Love,
Grammy