Monday, February 18, 2008

Today I had my 26 week appointment. It went alright. I'm feeling blue about it, but for no apparent reason really. The baby is fine, I am fine.

There were some minor concerns though. I had another high blood pressure reading, so given my past history the midwife is having an OB review my file as a potential "high risk" client and will be doing some bloodwork to establish a baseline should they need to run tests later. I'm also going to start having my urine checked every visit, and she wants me on the every 2 week visit schedule now, instead of at 30 weeks. Nothing all that bad or worrisome in the slightest. It just got me down. Oh, and I had the first weight gain of the pregnancy. 6 lbs! That doesn't get me down per se, but I didn't expect so much in a measly 4 weeks.

On the way home, I had to grab a few shots of the mountains as we are having, for the second day in a row, a gloriously sunny and clear day. Its the kind of day that makes you so grateful to live here

About 2 miles from our house, as I was heading to the craft store (by Safeway, for those in the know about the area).














Down at the boat launch for Lake Stevens. One day I'm going to take our really good camera and get some shots off the dock, without the trees and power lines in the way. This launch often has the BEST views. I should have stopped a few weeks ago when we drove by...everything was frosty and glittery and the mountain was reflected in the lake. Perfect shot, but I was in a rush.














Speaking of the craft store, I got a crafty kids thing as a reward for them getting 5 stars (a star for every good nap/bedtime). It was one of those things where you put the plastic beads on and melt them. Know what I mean? In typical Kristi fashion, I didn't really consider the size of the beads (very small) or the dexterity of the children (low) or the time required to do a pattern (lots). In the end, we just put beads on there any which way and even that took a full hour. Next time, I'll keep to the stickers, thank you very much.

I've got this dreadful urge to SEW something. Yeah, I just packed up all my sewing stuff and now I want to do it. Isn't that the way it works. I especially want to do something with patchwork, which is even more time consuming and complicated, but so it goes with me. When taking on a project, make sure its as complicated and difficult as possible, and that you neither have the time nor energy to do it well! When will I learn? :)

No comments: