Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm bone-weary, so I'll make this short.

Today, Ethan had his 2 year checkup. Stats are as follows:

Weight: 29lbs, 5 oz ( 65%)
Height: 37.5 in (over 100%)

He's so tall!

Everything else checked out fine, though I forgot to ask the pediatrician about Ethan still taking two naps a day. I hardly like to stop such a good thing, but I'm somewhat concerned that he shouldn't be sleeping that much. I may call and ask.

After the appointment, the kids and I went to the shoe store to get Ethan some new shoes. I'd just bought him a pair of 6 1/2's to replace his 5 1/2's, but he kept complaining about them. I figured that perhaps the shoes ran small or something. Well, at the place we had them measure his foot and he is a size 8! Wow, did I feel like such a horrible mother. I've been stuffing his little feet (complaining all the while about how chubby his feet are) when really I've been putting him in shoes that are too small. We got him a pair of 8 1/2's and they look enormous, but at least they fit.

We really pushed our luck (ignoring our general rule of only two stops per car trip) after the shoe store and went grocery shopping. Did not go great. Ethan dumped a ziploc of cheerios on the floor, then tried to throw groceries (most scarily, a bottle of wine which I caught in mid-fall) out. Gwen wouldn't stay out of my purse and kept pulling out my wallet, chewing on it, then tossing its contents on the floor. Amazingly enough, a very kindly elderly woman came up to me TWICE to say, "Both your children are beautiful!" and then, "You are such a good mother, your children are so well behaved". I had to wonder, was this woman loose from the local mental institution or something? Beautiful, yeah, I agree. Well behaved? Well, apparently that's in the eye of the beholder :) I would not have used the term "well behaved" when I practically had to do a sliding dive to catch a wine bottle.

When we got home, I sent the kids to bed and started chugging away at dinner (Mahogany Beef Stew with Red Wine and Hoisin). I forgot how much prep this recipe had. So, by the time I was done prepping and doing some dishes, Gwen was awake. She then cried and fussed until Jason came home... near 2 hours straight.

Needless to say, I'm a major bee with an itch right now.

And that is why I'm off to bed.

No comments: