Thursday, August 10, 2006

We have some squirrels living in our tree in the backyard. There is, what we thought, was a birdfeeder, but now seems to be a squirrel feeder :) I had put some birdseed in there and it was gone within 2 hours, so I moved on to larger things like peanuts and dried maize. So far, its really attracted quite a show. This morning the kids and I ate lunch while watching 2 squirrels and a cat fight it out. Then, a bluejay showed up later and followed the squirrel around while it buried its food and pecked it back up. Another cat came later for another show, then of all things, a RAT! Yes, it was definitely a rat. Long skinny tail and grey body... up there stealing peanuts. The kids go bonkers and Tilli gets all uptight. Fun stuff.

Today we took Ethan to get his hair cut and he did SO good. It wasn't even a kiddie place. So proud.

I ended up making meatloaf and mashed taters for dinner and it was delish. Probably my best meatloaf ever. Ethan ate an absurd 3 helpings.

Jason leaves Sunday to go to San Fran for a big internet convention or something. I'll be here till Monday (my Mom will have a full house over the weekend with cousins and aunts and such), then we'll probably stay there through Thursday or so. Wednesday, Becki is going to meet us at the Woodland Park Zoo for a few hours. Should be fun! Thursday I'm thinking of taking the kids in, finally, for their 1 and 2 year portraits. Its always such an ordeal, but it MUST be done. I'm hoping to rope my Mom and Jenni into going with me for support.

Last couple days have been just very emotional for me for no real reason. I find it hard to watch a sappy commercial or hear a sad song without tearing up. And no, its not THAT time of the month or anything :) I think it must be part of this depression I'm struggling with. All my emotions feel very raw.

Um, that's all for now. Off to bury my nose in a book.

No comments: