Friday, August 22, 2008

Another cousin of mine, Julie (sister to the aforementioned Jennifer), just sent me the recipe to some absolutely delicious bread she brought to the family reunion. SO good. I cannot wait to make it. I'm going to share the recipe here and urge you to try it.

Dilly Bread
I'd guess from the portions that this would make two loaves

2 T yeast

4 ½ C flour

¼ C sugar

2 tsp. dried onion

2 tsp. salt

½ tsp. baking soda

4 T dill seed

½ C warm water

2 C cottage cheese, warmed

2 eggs

2 T butter


Put all the ingredients in a mixer, dry on the bottom, wet on top, and knead 5-10 minutes. Divide and put into pans. Let rise till doubled.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


While I'm talking about Julie, I want to mention her website, MeantToBeModest.com. She uses her talents to make modest swim wear for women and girls. This definitely is a need in our world and I'm glad she's providing this resource. Cool stuff.



1 comment:

tata said...

Oh that bread sounds divine! I'm bookmarking - thanks!