Thursday, August 14, 2008

I have pictures from our family BBQ on Sunday, and just one or two from our foray to Jetty Island yesterday, but my stupid camera fell one time into the sand (it was off and lens retracted even), but now it won't work. I messed with it and now it won't even turn on. Googling about it does not look good. We'll probably have to replace it. I'm so irritated with the darn thing.

Jetty Island was fun. The ferry was shorter than even I imagined. It was literally like 2 minutes. April and I had wagons which was very smart of us, if I do say so myself. Alyssa and her husband Corey and their two kids, AJ and Andrew joined us too. We walked a little ways to a more secluded part of the beach and the kids had a great time. The tide was WAY out. Like 1/4 of a mile from the beach, so there wasn't much water play. Sand was good enough though. There was a nice breeze too, which made April and I forget to apply sunscreen to ourselves. Weeeell. Both of us are scorched. So very painful. My shoulders and back is quite bad, but even my face has it. My nose will peel. How icky! I hate peeling!

Here are some pictures that April took.

Gwen and Gibson on the ferry


Elsa and her amazing tongue!


Nana making sure Elly stays happy (thanks Nana!)


After the long walk to the water, some deserved splashing around. All the kids were icked out by the seaweed


Uh, Gwennie... your dress?


Ah well, lost cause!


Little Grady enjoying himself. Such a smiley kid!


Gwen and her sand socks


Elsa chilling on the blanket. No, she wasn't like this the whole time, just for the two minutes that we were finishing packing up. She was out of the sun the entire time... unlike me.

No comments: