Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election ramblings

There isn't one particular part of me that feels tired, but the feeling is there. The building drama and anxiety about the elections really took it out of me I guess.

Now I sit and have fears, which I squelch, then other fears that come up and take its place. I won't go into them, mainly because I don't wish to make myself a target for more arguing, debating, or criticism. I feel I've gotten enough of that over the past year or so. I'm done.

I am actively working on giving these fears to God. Following one of my favorite verses, Matthew 6:34, "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." and Philippians 4:6-7, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

I hope that President Obama well exceeds my expectations for him. I hope that in 4 years I can look back and say, "It wasn't so bad" or even, "Things improved". I'm an eternal optimist at heart and my fervent wish is for that optimism to pay off.

There is no doubt that the election of a black man for president is a monumental occasion and I'm so pleased that I was able to witness it in my lifetime.

I don't have much else to say. I feel rather depleted and bereft of words. I will go play Lego Batman and not think about things for a little bit.

No comments: