Saturday, November 08, 2008

Pot pies!

Yep, they came out great. Worth the wait? Well, that's negotiable. I do not like eating at 8pm!

I used this recipe from Ina Garten: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-pot-pie-recipe/index.html (I used a rotisserie chicken instead of all the chicken breasts)

It made a TON. We had two large bowls, two custard cups, and one casserole dish that I dug out at the last minute when it was clear that we had lots of leftover filling. There were still two servings left in the pan!


Picture of my bowl



And Gwen wanted a pic of hers too


They were really delicious and rich. I'm thinking I might do this again and buy extra custard cups, fill them, top them, and pop them in the freezer to pull out on a day I don't want to cook. I really think a custard cup size would be enough for a serving, especially if you had a nice tart salad on the side.

Anyway, fun stuff. I love trying new recipes and having them turn out so well.

2 comments:

Squaw Creek Ranch said...

YUM! You have inspired me! So you think you can make them in a Corelle cereal bowl too?

Anonymous said...

Those look yummy! And with the amount of roosters still waiting their turn, I could make plenty!

Thank you for the wonderful idea. :)

Kim (Mrs. Hoppes)