Thursday, June 01, 2006

Whew. Its been a very long time since I blogged. Its just very difficult for me to find the time and energy to do so!

We're still at my Mom's, as the house is still on the market. We are disappointed that its taken this long. Our agent is bewildered as to why its not sold as well. We have noticed that in general houses seem to be moving much slower... how lucky for us to have listed when the market slows *grrr*. The kids and I may be going back home on Tuesday since traffic has dropped down dramatically. We'll just see what happens.

Nothing much has been happening as of late. Being out here keeps me fairly housebound :) Over Memorial Day weekend, we went to see Les Miserables (we being myself, Jason, Mom, Becki, Michelle, Michelle's friend Alex and Grammy) then went out for dinner at P.F. Changs at Westlake Center. We had a really fun time and I enjoyed being downtown. Haven't been there in a very long time and I recalled how much I just loved working down there.

Today I took Jenni over to Grammy & Grandpa so she could join them on their trip to Aunt Daralyns house to get Aaron. She was estatic to go. Frankly, we will miss her here... both for her company and her way with the kids. 
With all the time we've spent here, she's learned their habits and moods and they respond well to her.

After that, I went to get my emissions done, then my new tabs (a month overdue!) and plates. I lost my front plate in that little fender-bender the day before Gwen was born and just now, over a year later, am I getting replacement plates :)

Then I stopped at Fred Meyer, got some groceries and assorted things and headed to the house. I installed these things... I can't really think of their name right now... that helps the cupboards stay shut. The cupboards are the weakest part of the entire house (they were worn when we bought the house) and hopefully this will help them look better. My hands and shoulders ache from all that twisting. The screws were so tiny that I had to do each of them by hand. I'm not used to it!

I've been feeling greatly bedraggled in spirit. I think its a combination of the house not selling as fast as we wished, hormones, the stress of having a home away from home and the weather. Even for my rain loving self, this constant drizzle is rather dreary. I've been hiding in books, finishing a 1,000 page epic on Henry the VIII in 3 days and diving into others right away. Sleeping in Shelly's old room isn't helping as she has many many many books in
there and I keep seeing ones I want to read


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just read as many books as you please. Reading is ALWAYS a good thing. Besides, I feel guilty not being able to read those books right now, as I'd like. My queue is with me at school, and filled to the brim. Someday soon, perhaps.


Do them the favor of give them a breath of air.


<3 Michelle