Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another exhausting day. One of these days I'll be able to blog that I was bored and did absolutely nothing and I'll really enjoy that :)

Last night Ethan did surprisingly well in his new room. We put him down at about 8:30, and I was in there about 4 times for various things before I fell asleep at 10. But it was calm, and he wasn't scared or anything... just testing boundaries I think. He was up twice during the night, once because he was cold and the other time... I don't know. Jason handled that one. Overall though, it was much easier than I thought it would be. This morning however, Jason woke up because Ethan was standing in our doorway. We are trying to enforce the idea of staying in your rooms until Mommy or Daddy gets up. I reeeeeaaaallly do not want them downstairs or something while we snore away.

I was sluggish all morning, as was Jason. I took my blood pressure and my diastolic was actually pretty low, around 60. I wonder if that had anything to do with my foggy brain and snail-like speed. I did manage to clean the carpet in Gwen's room, and the hallway. Its strange, but cleaning carpets always reminds me of my Grandpa :)

Around noon we all left the house... I dropped the kids and J at Burger King for lunch and play time while I went to the library to return and pick up some books. When I got back, around 45 minutes later, they were just sitting down to eat! It turns out that there was some major catastrophe in the kitchen and it took them 30 minutes to get food out. I guess some people were very unhappy and yelled and stuff. I don't get that... its fast food. It cost you like $5. Walk out the door and buy it somewhere else, complain to the manager even, but don't act like a child.

Anyway, we hung out there for awhile, then headed home. I vacuumed the stuff I'd cleaned (crosshatch pattern too just like Grandpa taught me), then we spent a good 30 min arranging/re-arranging/arranging/re-arranging Gwen's bedroom. Its still not how I'd like it. Too many thing in a small room. I may just take down the crib for now, or I'll have to accept an arrangement that seems weird. I don't know. Anyway, kids are down and QUIET for nap (hurray!) so I'm going to pick up the house that was clean yesterday thanks to Mom but is now trashed and start dinner in an hour and *sigh* maybe take a rest.

No comments: