Thursday, January 24, 2008

So we did end up going up to see J yesterday. We picked him up from work, then headed to the local McD's for lunch and playtime. The plan was for me to go to Costco while the children played, but Ethan doesn't really like fast food playgrounds. It ended up that Gwen and Jason stayed, while Ethan and I went to Costco.

He did SO good... the best I've ever seen him behave in a store. As a reward, I bought him one of those devilishly good churros that Costco sells. Stupidly, I didn't get one for myself, so I stole nibbles off the half that I was saving for Gwen. She didn't notice :)

After we got home, we unloaded our Costco wares, then I started on a simple outdoor clean up project. My goal was to prune down my roses. Well, as is typical with me, I started getting more and more into the pruning part (and not just the roses) and about 1 1/2 hours later, voila! My overgrown shrubs were laid bare, my front little garden patch decimated of all the dead plants and grass. Actually most of my roses remained untouched, as once I got started on the big stuff it was all I could focus on. I filled TWO yard waste bins.

As you can imagine, my plans for cleaning the inside of the house were summarily pushed aside. The only thing I wanted to do was put my feet up and shower!

It seems that there was something else I really wanted to blog about but just can't remember... there will be more later if I do recall :)

No comments: