Thursday, January 17, 2008

So Monday we just hung around the house because although Gwen didn't relapse after the one incident, Ethan got sick and threw up a few times Sunday night/Monday morning.

Grammy did stop by to watch the kids while I ran to a quick midwife appointment. Everything was fine. Heartbeat, blood pressure, etc. All good.

We were supposed to go to Mom's after the appointment and visit with my Aunt Daralyn and cousin Lindy, but due to illness, we passed.

Monday night we had a very strong windstorm and some snow. Our power went out for about 2 hours or so and we'd just tucked the kids into bed with us when everything came back on... of course!

Tuesday, Ethan was feeling chipper and wanted to do pre-school so I felt like it was ok. Unfortunately, due to the icy conditions pre-school had been closed, which really broke the boy's heart. We did go to Gwen's gymnastics and I was able to get Ethan in with her to play. He moped about the first 15 minutes (if you know Ethan, you know what I mean) but really enjoyed the last 15 minutes :)

After that, I called my Mom and asked if we could come over and visit and we got the a-ok. It was good to see my family!

Wednesday morning, Ethan came to me and asked if we could go to the "moooseum" and play in the kitchen and could I check the "puter" to see if it was open? Well, with that type of request, how could I say no?

I don't think we've ever gone to the children's museum by ourselves. We've always had at least another adult so this was a little nerve racking for me. Kids did pretty well though.

Typing in his order into the computer



















Gwen, after I told her she put red pepper flakes on her meal














Cleaning up means putting everything in the sink. This is what it means at home too :)















Ethan performing some serious procedure on an eagle














"Mommy, I see the moon and stars!" (actually it was a honeycomb)














Ethan lining up milk bottles in the "farm"



















Sheep-back riding. All the rage in the toddler set



















Apparently cows need milk as part of a healthy diet too














The water room


































The theater...














and the bank...



















We had to make a quick stop back into the cafe for a kitchen fix. This time they wanted the whole ensemble on.







































Last night didn't go well though. Ethan started puking again and came into our bed (Jason went downstairs). He was restless all night, and around 3am really was uncomfortable. His tummy was churning so loudly that I could clearly hear it, poor thing. From 3am to 5:30am I rubbed his back and tummy and head and sang songs. If I stopped, he would start feeling the pain again, so I kept it up. Finally at 5:30am he fell asleep. Gwen woke up at 6:30, but i talked her into staying in bed for another hour so E and I could get some sleep. Two hours, give or take, isn't so bad for a night is it? Its beginning to seem downright typical around here.

1 comment:

Becki said...

Wow, I want to go play at the moooseum, it looks like fun!