Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin patching and I'm a dork

So look what I found last night when I checked on my tomatoes?



WOW! I can't believe this is actually working. Things like this never work for me. Today I checked again and the really orangy one is almost totally red now and the slightly orange one is very orange. Cool.

So this morning, Daddy, Nana, Aunt Jenni, myself, Ethan, Gwen and Elsa all went to school, boarded the big church bus (really. very. big) and headed off to The Farm for the pumpkin patch field trip. The kids were ridiculously excited. The weather was damp, but not too terribly cold.

Nervous excitement


Elly playing it cool


Posing on the hayride to the pumpkins


Gwen's choice


Sadly, Ethan did not wish to be photographed with his pumpkin.

Afterwards we went into the little playground area and it was so neat! They had a huge hay area that was deeply covered in hay. You could jump off the bales into a pile and roll around.



Another cool thing was this huge play area, about 2 1/2 feet deep, of dried corn! It was totally awesome, and smelled good too. All the kids rolled around in it and had a blast. Here's Gwen making a "corn angel". I didn't notice until I looked just now that she has corn on her face. Oops!



I was the last one off the bus back at the church and you would not believe all the corn kernels on the seats and floor. I would not be surprised if a few show up in bath tonight!

After returning home and putting the children to bed, I headed off to my dental appointment. Only to find out that... um, my appointment wasn't until next Thursday. Gah. These people must think I'm crazy because I've rescheduled the appointment twice, called twice to change what I wanted done, and then when I do finally show up its a week early. So embarassed, and so dorky of me. I'm sure my file is already filled with notes and I haven't even had a single cleaning there yet!

No comments: