Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Guess what? Guess... guess... guess...

Gwennie took her first steps tonight. Woo hoo! Jason and I try to get her walking between us but up till now she hasn't been willing to do it without holding our hands. But she took two steps, then a few more later in the night without us. You can see that with every step she gets more confident. After the first one, she looked downright skilled with her other two. I'm so glad! I told her that she is now in strict training 24/7 until Saturday so she can be toddling by then. I want her walking so as not to dirty her dress ;)

Mom came today and took the kids. Twas so nice. I went to Costco, then came home to drop off stuff, then went out to Fred Meyer and the party store. Loaded up on everything we will need for this weekend.

I came home, unloaded everything, took a short break then dove into some cleaning. I got the kids room all spiffed up... dusted, vacuumed, the clothes that were too small taken out, etc. Then I dusted and cleaned our living room ceiling fan (filthy!) and dusted the rest of the house and swept. I also did two loads of dishes.

Jasons birthday was today and I had made him some cookies yesterday. I told him that the dogs had eaten them, but really I had stashed them in the freezer as a surprise. I left a note on the doorknob telling him to look in the freezer. I specifically told him that I had locked the doors up and that he didn't need to do it (so that he wouldn't see the note) but he saw it anyway and woke me up at like 11pm to say, "Hey, I saw the note, thanks!". I was so bummed that he saw it too soon!

Anyway, the kids made him a drawing with crayons and stickers. It was really cute. Their first joint effort. It had some trouble spots... namely Gwennie ripping it and Ethan getting all huffy about it, but it came together well.

Early this morning, Ethan and I called Daddy and left a message on his cell phone singing happy birthday. Ethan has started singing now and then and its real sweet.

For J's birthday dinner, we had huge porterhouse steaks, grilled zuchinni, grilled butter lettuce salad with shaved parm and tiramisu from Costco for dessert. We are STUFFED. Oy.

While I was out grilling, I tripped on a shovel and smashed into the house, getting a very nasty scrape on my arm and busting my toe open. I hit hard enough that I actually feel sore from it. Ugh. Just what I want... a big old nasty scrape on my arm and a hurt foot. Poo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I am the proudest Aunt ever! Give Gwennie a big kiss from Aunt Becki.

Anonymous said...

And I'm the proudest Great Grandma! How about that for timing? Good going, Gwennie the Pooh.

Anonymous said...

If I do not see this child walking, and soon, I think I shall perish.


<3 Michelle