Saturday, April 22, 2006

Well, we are all sick now, minus Jason who so far has been able to avoid it. He's getting the sniffles though, so it may not be long for him. The kids are miserable, and therefore we are miserable. Fun!

We don't have much planned this weekend. In fact, we have nothing planned which is rather nice. The last two weekends have been very busy and we just need some down time.

Already this morning I have cleaned up the house, swept, mopped and done some dishes. I'm going to start my dinner too (Beef braised in Barolo) so that I don't have to worry about it later in the day when everyone feels worse and tired. That work just about took everything out of me. This cold is settled in the chest, so its hard to breathe and I'm coughing a lot. Urg. The only two things I have left to accomplish this weekend is laundry wrangling and cleaning out my car, which, as was so nicely pointed out by my Mother and Uncle Shawn, smells like rotten food and dog. So yeah, its time to clean it out :D

Speaking of my Uncle Shawn, we saw him on Thursday. He was down here to pick up a puppy, then will be driving back up to Alaska. Good to seem him, as always. I missed Jenny though! His pup is an adorable little Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Shadow. Oh, she was the cutest thing EVER. I have puppy envy of the worst kind. Cannot wait until my parents get a new puppy so that I may have my puppy fix with none of the puppy troubles. Jason has forbidden me to even think about another dog and he's completely correct. But ooooooohhh, they are so indescribably adorable.

Watched two movies... Fun with Dick and Jane (with Jim Carey, twas funny) and Children of Heaven (an Iranian film, cute as well).

I'm becoming rather addicted to Netflix. We are finishing up on our second week of membership and I've seen something like 5 or 6 movies. Doesn't hurt that there is generally a one day turnaround, so there is always something in mail.

The weather looks nice today, so perhaps we'll go to the park, even with sick kidlets.

No comments: