Friday, November 17, 2006

So we've been hitting a lot of parks lately. Most in Snohomish are either completely water logged or closed (our beloved Pilchuck Park has been closed for at least a week now). Yesterday we did Ferguson Park, which was ok. When its dried out and the lake has gone down, I could see it being fun, as its right on Blackmans Lake with lots of ducks.

It was rather funny because Ethan had to go potty RIGHT now, but the bathrooms were closed for the season which makes no sense because a playground is pretty much a year round activity. Anyway, beings as we were the only ones there, I found the most remote tree possible (which wasn't easy given the location and sparse treeage) and had him pee on it. Oh, that really did thrill him. Gwen wanted to take off her diaper and try too, but I had to stop that right there. I can't have the kids thinking that its ok to just drop trou and pee on trees whenever they like!

Today we tried Pilchuck Park again, but still closed. So, using this very un-detailed map I'd printed off online, we tried to find Morgantown. Well I drove all over with no luck, but then I saw it from a very long distance and managed to find it. Its really tucked in a very unlikely place. The kids really liked this one because they could see the river and throw leaves into it, from a distance of course. The wind was pretty lively and Ethan was getting a kick out of throwing leaves and having them come right back at him.

For dinner we had a recipe recommended to me by a message board friend (with my substitutions). Tilapia with creamed spinach. I liked it alot, as did Gwen. Daddy and Ethan were "eh". Its quite simple.

Set oven to 450.

Spray baking dish with cooking spray

Season tilapia with salt and pepper and place in dish

Combine defrosted creamed spinach (I made my own) with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup parm

Place mixture over tilapia, sprinkle with more parm

Bake for about 20 min, or until done

We had ours with mixed fingerling potatoes, which included those cool purple ones. I love purple potatoes just because they look pretty.

Tomorrow Becki will be coming to babysit while J and I shop for dining chairs. Once they were doused with milk, it was quite apparent they needed to be replaced.

Off to read and eat my Blizzard that J picked up for me :)

No comments: