Tuesday, September 25, 2007

If you didn't get enough pictures from my last post, I have two more for you!

Yesterday I was feeling restless and decided to make a cake. I'm not a big cake fan and a horrible icer so my cakes usually end up half uneaten and poorly frosted. Not this time!

Firstly, did you know one of the greatest and easiest chocolate cakes to make comes from the back of your cocoa powder box? Hershey's "Especially Dark" Chocolate Cake (you can also use regular cocoa powder if you don't have the dark version). Then I chose a Seven Minute Frosting that I'd never used before. It did take only about 7 minutes and it tastes so much better than the powdered sugar ones. Light, not overly sweet.

So my finished product. It came out so pretty and so tasty. I'm bursting with pride.




For dinner we had one of my all-time favorite recipes, Chicken Enchiladas from Cooks Illustrated. I highly, highly recommend! Well worth the effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are 2 recipes for our family cookbook right there! If you lived just a little closer I'd be knockin' at your door for a sample piece of that cake.
Love,
Grammy