Tuesday, November 22, 2005

All day I was thinking about what I would type here tonight and when I finally sit down to do it, my mind is blank. Blah!

The weather has been bizarre the last couple days. Its been foggy all day, every day. Its not just a light fog either... its a fairly thick, dense layer. Fog is not all that unusual this time of year, but usually it would burn off. Its strange to go all day without being able to see past your back fence and it makes me feel somewhat claustrophobic.

Today I got the house swept and mopped. With the recent damp weather and the dogs digging (grrr!) mud has been tracked in like crazy. Yesterday I swept the house TWICE and still got a big pile of gunk today. Of course, I look at it right now and its already filthy. Another sweep and mop tomorrow if I get the time! I also did tons of laundry, put away most of it, did a bit of sewing to repair a blanket and a couple loads of dishes. Whew. No wonder I've been dead tired every night lately.

Jason and I are still in the living room. Next week I've decided to start the kids sleeping in the same room and see how it works. I think that it could definitely be workable. However, I'm going to have to really prepare myself for the undoubtedly rough adjustment period that will occur.

I've gotten together my Christmas list and already picked out the gifts for the kids. Now I just have the hard stuff left... I can't really say what that is because the people that will receive them read this blog, but its just a lot of work. Well worth it, but a lot of work :)

Can't believe Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow. Wow, it just really snuck up on me. Tomorrow I'll be baking my ham and Dutch apple pie, then prepping the sweet potatoes right before we head to Grammy & Grandpa's house.

Tonight for dinner we had a surprisingly good sausage/pasta/sun-dried tomato/spinach dish. My description is very lacking, but it was very good and quite easy. Last night we had beef stroganoff made with beef tenderloin and mushrooms. I thought it quite good, but Jason said he still prefers the ground beef version.

I've finished 3 books over the past 1 1/2 weeks. Yay! I still have 4 more to go and my Mom picked up two for me today. Reading is such an escape for me and I devour them so fast that I fear eventually I will run out of things to read! Luckily, I know Shelly has many book recommendations so I still have a few years before that may become a reality ;)

No comments: