Thursday, November 03, 2005

Wednesday we took Ethan to the doctor about a rash he has in his diaper area. He had the same rash a week or two ago, but after applying some Bacitracin it disappeared. It then reappeared on Monday, much worse.

The pediatrician wasn't our normal one, and she took one look at this rash (that is all over his diaper area) and said that they were spider bites? Huh? At the time Jason and I were too shocked and horrified to say anything, but the more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems. For one, the rash is not in a typical spider bite pattern. Secondly, Ethan almost always wears footed sleepers with ribbed cuffs. Meaning that these spiders would have to crawl into the sleeper through the neck then make their way down his diaper and *only* bite him there. And I've never seen a spider in his room, EVER! Oh, and these 'bites' all happen at once, then fade. He's not always getting new ones.

Anyway, I still think it might be yeast related, so I'm putting Lotrimin on it for a few days to see how it resolves. I just don't believe its spiders.

On the way home, we stopped at Lowes to get some pellets for the stove. While the guy was loading them in the car Ethan started acting up, so I gave him the Happy Meal box from lunch earlier. I didn't look at him again until we were on our street and when I did I got a big surprise. The caramel dip that had come with his apples (yah, great option to french fries there McD's... apples with caramel dip!) was still in the box and had busted it open and smeared it all over his face, hair and hands. He was glistening with caramel. I couldn't help myself and I said, "Oh! Ethan!" and he then seemed to realize that he was covered in stickiness and started getting upset. He clapped his hands together and they were so sticky that he could barely pull them apart, making him even more upset! It was sooo funny!

Today the best thing I did was make bread. After my disappointing results the last time I tried, today was a wonderful success. Its a sandwich bread so there isn't much crust and the texture is very fine. However, it tastes wondrous and chewy and soooo fresh. It makes me not want to eat the boring bland wheat stuff that we always have. I found a good place to let the dough rise... On the back of our pellet stove, over the pellet holder. It doesn't get hot, but there is so much warm air circulating back there that the bread rises beautifully and quickly.

Tonight we had that Thai Beef Red Curry again that I made a week or two ago. So good. So easy. Love it!

No comments: