Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Last night we tried having Jason sleep in the living room while I stayed in the room with Gwen. She woke up at 11, 2, 5 (awake till 6) then Jason woke me at 7am with some espresso. Every time she got up it was a MAJOR hassle to put her back to sleep. She has to be sleeping ON me (not next to, or on my arm, but on my chest) or she thrashes around and refuses to sleep. Its strange because she's never really slept on me previously, so its not like this is what she's used to.

Tonight I've put two air mattresses in the living room and Jason and I will both be sleeping out here. Our hope is that the ultra-quiet room may help her sleep longer. If it does, I'm not sure what that means. We have no space to give her a private room.

My recipe for Tuna Casserole was requested yesterday via comment. I'm almost embarassed to put it up because its not at all high-class :) I have a weakness for those canned french-fried onions, so the recipe is from there: Tuna Noodle Casserole. Its so simple and thats why its in my "too tired to cook" rotation. However, I do not do the microwave version. To me, microwaves are not for cooking. They are for reheating and defrosting :)

We've started giving Gwen cheerios and man, does she love those things. She was getting all upset tonight because I wasn't feeding them to her fast enough. Ethan went by with a few and she practically lunged at him! He has learned the joy of feeding Gwen and now any small food bits he tries to share with her. Last night it was peas and tuna, today it was dried apricot bits, then cheerios. Bless his heart, he just wants to share but I really dreaded this stage because I know it will be ripe for choking!

No comments: