Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Oh I am weary. So so weary. Not from lack of sleep, but from cooking so much! It doesn't seem like I made a lot, but it really wore me out. I made a Dutch Apple pie (apple pie with struesel topping), prepped my sweet potatoes and then made chicken stock for mazto ball soup for dinner.

Sigh. My matzo ball soup. I was really looking forward to it but I used a different, more "gourmet" recipe and they came out as hard as rocks. They actually bounced. I do not know what happened, but they were tough and fairly tasteless. So disappointing :( At least the stock and chicken were good.

Gwen was so funny this evening. Every time we'd sing (which is pretty often... we're always making up little songs for the kids), she'd start sticking out her tongue in time to the music. I kid you not! It was really strange :)

We started her on two meals a day... she now has 2-3 Tbls of food at breakfast and dinner. It hasn't seemed to affect her nursing schedule which is really my highest priority, as nothing I could feed her right now would be close to the calorie and fat content of breastmilk.

Ethan was quite a little rapscallion today. He kept climbing on the table time after time after time. We'd block the chairs and he'd move them and climb up. He'd wait until we left the room or were distracted then he'd start working on it. Finally we had to put the chairs upside down on the floor to stop him. It seemed that no matter where he went he was getting into trouble.

Tonight we were playing with a flashlight and he saw his shadow. It seemed to frighten him for a few moments. Its been gradual, but he's developing some fears of late. A hesitancy about the dark, running to me he finds something scary on TV. He's still mostly fearless, especially when it comes to physical feats.

Tomorrow we head to Grammy's house for Thanksgiving. Should be fun :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey,
Just in case I don't talk to you guys tomorrow I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

I know I haven't commented as of late so I wanted to let you know I am really enjoying your Blogs I check it everyday it's a really neat way for me to keep up with you guys and watch my babies grow...all to quick I might add :(

I know it's a hard trip to Spokane but I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to your visit for Christmas.

Kristi I am so glad you are feeling better. I was really starting to worry about you.

Stay with the meds they are helping you more then you think. After Jim died they put me on anti depressive drugs and after a while I thought they were not helping me so I took myself off of them. Only then did I see just how much they really were helping.

I want to share with you my best mom advise, try to relax more, don't sweat the small stuff and when things go wrong as the often do, just say to yourself that this too will pass .I think motherhood is the most guilt ridden job there is. You're going to feel from time to time that you are doing things wrong, and from time to time you will. Just love them and raise them on His Word and let God take care of the mistakes...I could give you a huge list of all the things I feel I did wrong raising my four but they somehow all turned out to be wonderful...well maybe David is a little up tight and Jason need to let go of the Happy meal ordeal but other then that...j/k

All to soon they will be grown and hopefully your reward for Motherhood will be grand children. Believe me they are more of a blessing then you can ever imagine... and guilt free :)

Tell Jason I said hi and give him a hug from me and give my my sweet babies a kiss.

I love you all, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.