Monday, November 28, 2005

Oh. My. Goodness.

I'm so freaking tired. Like can barely keep my eyes open, will fall asleep on a slab of concrete if I have to, tolerate the dog in my bed, sleep through earthquake tired.

Today I got nothing done. I was distracted and just couldn't seem to keep my mind on anything for long. I also forgot to take my Zoloft, which is maybe why I have this headache now. After the kids went down for their second nap I made some bread, started dinner and quickly sorted some laundry, but that was about it. I started sorting toys today... Wanted to give some away in preparation for the Christmas haul, but before I could remove the box I was going to get rid of, Ethan got to it and they're now back in with the regular toys and the regular toys are all over the front room in an enormous pile. Sigh.

There was a big tiff on the message board I moderate on. It kept my attention all morning, which is probably partly why I fell behind. Luckily its been resolved.

Ethan fell out of his highchair today. He tried to sit on the tray and he fell over backwards. He know has a bruise on his forehead and a cut above his eye. And we were gonna get our pictures taken on Wednesday. Sigh.

We had split pea soup and foccacia for dinner tonight. It was good. I made a ham stock by simmering the leftover ham bone from Thanksgiving and a smoked turkey leg (really nummy btw) with onion, bay leaf and peppercorn for a few hours. The soup had split peas and lentils since I didn't have enough split peas. The foccacia was great, as it always is. Anything practically fried in olive oil and sprinkled with salt couldn't be anything but delicious.

Sealab 2021 is the most irritating show on television. Jason is watching it right now. The only tolerable part is the theme music which gets stuck in your head... "Seaaaaa-lab, underneath the water"

Oh, I forgot to mention this earlier. This weekend I ended up being able to wear two pairs of jeans that were before babies. Yay! I'm not sure how this happened as my weight has dropped only a pound or two, but I guess I must be losing inches :) No complaints. Its nice to be back in those jeans.

They're calling for a couple inches of snow here tonight.

Grandpa just called. He's coming over tomorrow to clean my carpets. Bless that man.

Off to bed.

No comments: