Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I forgot to mention yesterday that I saw a movie, 3-Iron, and it was boooor-ing. Its a Japanese film and generally I have a great love of foreign (Asian especially) film and can tolerate the plodding story lines that sometimes come along with them. This however was FAR too slow. I was able to fast forward through nearly all of it and not miss a thing since the main characters said like 3 words the entire movie.

Well, our little test to see how Gwen slept with us out of the room worked kinda. She woke up at 10:30, 1 and 6. Except for the 6am waking, she went back to sleep fairly easily the other times. I slept so much better outside the room though and so we're going to do it again tonight.

Today I was feeling guilty about how I never take my kids anywhere. No parks or anything. So, I went to this really cool park I've heard about (not too far from Costco) on Silver Lake. Its huge and their playground ROCKS. Ethan, poor child, didn't really know how to play. He just walked around mostly and threw rocks and bark. He did swing, ride on a rocking toy, go down a slide twice on his own and walk around on the extensive play area. Probably his favorite part was seeing the geese though. There was about 10 of them just outside the play area and when he saw those he darted towards them so fast I couldn't keep up. I was toting Gwen in the stroller and I had to literally run to keep up with him. He chased one all the way down to the beach, where he saw the ducks. The ducks are pretty tame and they came up on the shore around him and he was in heaven! He then picked up sticks and tried to throw them at the ducks. I had to drag that child away from the birds.

There was another child there about Ethan's age and they had a few interactions. She was throwing a fit and sitting next to her Dad. Ethan did his "walk" to her, kinda like he was showing off. If you don't know, his walk is this straight legged gait. He kicks his legs up high and keeps them very straight. Its super cute. Anyway, he walks up to her that way and gives her this "hey why are you not playing" hand gesture. She put her head into her Dads shoulder and then Ethan picked up two pine cones and pitched them at her. Luckily, he was far enough away and his throw was pretty weak so they didn't even notice, but I did. We moved away before he got another shot at her :)

Tonight for dinner we had mashed potatoes (with skins on), hamburger patties, gravy and sauteed bell peppers. Pretty good. I gave Gwen some straight mashed potatoes with some olive oil to loosen it and she LOVED it! Ethan always liked potatoes flavored with olive oil.

Oh, I have some pics from the playground, but am too tired to put them up tonight. Will try to do it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris -
Good on you for taking the kids to the park. Sounds like Ethan had a great time. Sometime soon, you should come out and we can take the kids to a park in this area.
Love,
Grammy