Saturday, January 21, 2006

This has truly been a banner day for us.

Two naps and a bedtime have passed, all with successful room sharing. Unbelievable. We did not think it would go this smoothly. Both naps had some initial fussiness. As I posted earlier, 20 min the first time, less than 10 the second nap, and just now, less than 5 min. WOW.

After first naps, we went and ran errands. We grabbed lunch at McD's, then off to Fred Meyer where we picked up groceries and snacks for tomorrow. Because Jason was with us, I was able to have Ethan walk with me and pick out groceries. He sure did love picking out stuff and putting in the cart. He went fairly nuts in the ice cream aisle :D After that, we went to Lowes to get some pellets and a new heating element for our water heater. We will try replacing it first before we get a new one, though those enormous 80 gallon water tanks looked soooo nice.

We got home, put the kids down, then I ran back out to the library and Top Foods. I had bought a Cooks Illustrated at FM and was inspired to make some Hot and Sour Soup.

The soup was really good. It had paper thin slices of pork, shitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots, pressed tofu and little bits of egg. Seasoned with soy sauce, hot chili oil (and man, I cut the amount in half and it was HOT), and sesame oil. Completely fat free, healthy and as an added bonus, Atkins friendly so I can give some to Mom tomorrow :)

Tomorrow a big crowd is coming over to watch the Seahawks hopefully win and go to the Superbowl. Have to say, even I am feeling a bit of excitement and Seahawks are not my thing.

Well, I should end this. I'm going to whip up a double batch of molasses cookie dough tonight so I can make them in a flash tomorrow in between cleaning and such.

No comments: