Wednesday, April 30, 2008

You know what really made me feel warm and fuzzy?

The whole grill grates debacle where I ended up paying like double what I'd thought I'd pay in shipping and all that? I emailed the buyer and let them know that it would be shipping by a slower method and I was going to eat the extra shipping cost because it was my own stupid mistake.

After the grill grates arrived, I got an email from the guy saying that he didn't realize I was in Washington and that him and his wife love it here after spending time stationed at Ft. Lewis. He also said that he was going to send me extra money for shipping. While I was really touched by this offer, I told him to please not send me the money... my mistake, he shouldn't have to pay.

Yesterday I got a $10 bill in the mail and a note saying, "Sorry, I don't listen very well". How nice is that?

1 comment:

Tim and Holly said...

It's nice to know that there are some people out there who still do nice things just to be nice. :) That's cool.