Friday, August 26, 2005

Ahhh... I just finished eating my new favorite treat... Snickers McFlurry. They are most delicious. No, this doesn't fit into my diet plan, and no, I don't care :)

Ethan had been itching to go outside and really get his play on, so we went out to Mom's today. I dropped off 12 books and 1 DVD back at the library. When you have to carry your books in two loads, you know you're maybe checking out too many :)

Ethan played his heart out. Him and I rolled down the grassy hill (well, I had to roll him down as he didn't quite have the hang of it), he played in the dirt, in the gravel, threw rocks for Kai, wrestled with the dogs, picked and ate berries with Nana, explored the newly cleared pathway to Aunt Deanne's house, and pretty much exhausted himself. Even after all of that, he threw a huge fit this evening when it was too hot to take him into the backyard. That kid is gonna be in heaven at Chelan.

We had Cincinatti Chilli for dinner. It makes a lot, so the extra was frozen up for use at Chelan. That's my new favorite way to cook while camping or at Chelan. Make ahead, freeze, then reheat there. It keeps you from needing to pack the 'little' things, but you still eat very well. It works best with stews, soups, chili type things.

This weekend we're going to try and get a lot done. Find/clean all the supplies we need for Chelan, mow, clean the house, laundry. By Monday, all I want to worry about is grocery shopping, food packing and clothes packing.

So, I have baby fever... can you believe that? I wouldn't mind having another baby. I must be MAD! Hearing about my old boss having her twins, and seeing the women on my message board going through their pregnancies makes me kinda miss the whole thing. For my own health, I'm going to try and wait until Gwen is at least a year. While my head and heart may be open to another child, my body would be not so forgiving to try for three kids in three years.

Well, off to bed. My head is starting to ache and I'm sleeeepy.

No comments: