Saturday, August 27, 2005

Finally, the house is quiet. The children are all asleep and in bed. We had a full day.

Jason left early this morning because he had to work a little bit. Gwen and I woke up when he left, and spent the next 1 1/2 hours trying to get combo and go back to sleep. Little Gwen didn't want to, and I very much wanted to. For all that, we probably only got another 30 min of sleep :)

Jason came home and mowed the back yard, I did the front. Dad stopped by to pick up Grandma Betsy computer and he played with the kids for awhile.

After Dad left, Jason said he was going to go to Lowes and pick up some wire for the weed eater. Well, I thought this just a wee bit strange as he's not the type to run out and get something like that when we don't need it right away. He also offered to take Ethan. I thought perhaps he just wanted to get out of the house. They took off, and about an hour later returned with an ice cream cake, balloon, two cards and a gift :) It was for my birthday! Even though the big day isn't until the 31st, it falls on a Wednesday and we leave the next day for Chelan. Not the best day for celebration. So he decided to get me stuff today...

My gift was something I had mentioned yesterday actually. When he was at the store he saw it and bought it spur of the moment. Its a new griddle. We've had this teeny-weeny one forever, which was fine for us two. But with Ethan starting to eat more and more, and Gwen coming up soon, I needed a bigger one. And this one is HUGE... 10in x 20in! I love it!

Jason also told me about my other gift... which is a mini-shopping spree wherever I want! Yeeha! I'm going to save it and use it when I've lost a good amount of weight (hopefully by the end of the year).

Here's a pic of my cake and one of Ethan eating it... On the other side of the cake it said, "Happy Birthday"














After all this excitement, we laid Ethan down for nap. He didn't sleep much. We put him down at 4 and finally at about 5 (after I went in there again to give him his bink and restart his music) he finally went to sleep. But he was back up at 6. J went in there to get him and Ethan came out the most cranky I've seen him in a LONG time. First, he didn't want to come out of the crib when Jason came in, even though he was crying. Jason got him out, but then Ethan tried to get back in. I went in there to help and picked him up and he just went limp in my arms. He was obviously still exhausted. We went out to the living room and I tried to put him down on Jasons lap while I got him a snack. Hoooo boy, he did not like that. Anyway, he was just really sensitive and whiny and fussy and man... that will just take it right out of you after awhile. Add on top of that, Gwen didn't sleep for more than 1 hour today. She was very tired... and would sleep if I held her, but would wake as soon as I put her down.

Truthfully, this day made me really worry about Chelan. Imagine if the kids didn't sleep the whole time we were there! The horror!

I finally made my menu, food shopping and packing lists for Chelan, but nothing for clothes or general items. I keep putting it off. We leave in 4 days!

Oh, here's an adorable pic we took last night. Ethan climbed into the recliner, asked for his blanket and book, and made himself comfy. Hmmm... do you think all the reading Jason and I do is rubbing off on him a bit? :D















And here's just one more... We tried on his Polywog suit (a wetsuit like thing, with flotation pads sewn in) the other day and he really liked it! The padding makes him look really muscular on top, with little chicken legs sticking out the bottom, too cute!

No comments: